[Bell Historians] Headingley

Andrew Aspland aaspland at y...
Mon Mar 18 16:17:20 GMT 2002

It won't be happening just yet - but I would be very interested in a before
and after analysis.
Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: oakcroft13 [mailto:bill at h...]
Sent: 18 March 2002 09:12
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Headingley

Andrew:
> Headingley are about to be rehung . . . retuned?

I rang at Headingly in the late 1980s. As I remember they all swung
the same way in the frame, a rather unusual arrangement for an eight
of this weight.

This was in my pre-recording days. If you are considering having them
tuned, given their date I would be extremely interested in recording
them before you do this. Do you have dates for the work yet? Would
you be prepared to let me record them singly?

Bill H

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To
unsubscribe from the list send an email to
bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com