St Mary Magdalene, Bermondsey

LOVE, Dickon DrLove at s...
Mon Sep 23 13:28:26 BST 2002

I have started the job of getting the early ASCY peals onto a database (so
far done 1690 to 1826). A number of peals were rung at St Mary Magdalene,
Bermondsey. The Felstead Database lists all these peals under St James'
Bermondsey (the ten which are now an eight) with no entry for St Mary Mag.

This doesn't sit very comfortably though ... St James' church was built in
1827-9!

There *is* a St Mary Mag, Bermondsey, although I have no record of a ring of
8 bells there. There are 3 bells dated 1830, but that is it.

Can anyone throw any more light on this?

DrL

SchlumbergerSema.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

SchlumbergerSema Helpdesk by telephone on +44 (0) 121 627 5600.