Taylor Campanile

martinmith MartinSmith132 at h...
Tue Aug 26 14:45:15 BST 2003

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, David Bryant <djb122 at y...>
wrote:
> Anyone have details of the bells/frame/fittings in Taylor's foundry
> tower?
>
> David

David

Not sure if anyone ever responed to this but couldn't quickly find
any reply.

I have the weights and diams of the back 8 as they stood circa 1980.
Not sure about dates may have been cast at the same time as the demo
carillon that was there for a time.
I understand that Taylor's sometimes went and took odd ones out of
the ring if were short of metal and subsequently replaced them -
whether this is true or not I don't know but it could make
definitive dates of the 10 difficlut.

Let me know if you would like these details.

Cheers

Martin Smith