[Bell Historians] Digest Number 428

Samuel M. Austin combineharvestersam at h...
Thu Jun 12 01:27:58 BST 2003

PS Beechams, I believe they are Warners, 12cwt in F. They sound quite
pleasant and can be heard from quite a distance. There is scaffolding on the
tower currently so it may be a good opportunity to inspect them. A similar
tower to Beechams is Huyton Golf Club, (was the house of Sir Thomas Beecham)
The bells there are Mears and are inscribed George Benson clock maker I
think. They are very odd sounding. about 5cwt.

Sam