Terminology

Roderic Bickerton rodbic at n...
Sun Nov 16 11:10:09 GMT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
To: <bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, November 16, 2003 10:10 AM
Subject: [Bell Historians] Digest Number 563

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To
unsubscribe from the list send an email to
bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com

There are 8 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: Terminology
From: "Susan Dalton" <dalton.family at v...>
2. Bromham book
From: "Dennis Powney" <dennis.powney at l...>
3. CCC, DACs, etc.
From: "Susan Dalton" <dalton.family at v...>
4. Ebay bell
From: "David & Mary Kelly" <bells at k...>
5. RE: Ebay bell
From: "john.ketteringham" <john.ketteringham at n...>
6. Lea and Utley bell
From: "John David" <johnedavid at h...>
7. Re: Ebay bell
From: "jimhedgcock" <jameshedgcock at h...>
8. Re: Ebay bell
From: Carl S Zimmerman <csz_stl at s...>

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:57:12 +0000
From: "Susan Dalton" <dalton.family at v...>
Subject: Re: Terminology

>> > As I wrote, metal rods were fitted to strengthen the wheels, but
> I suppose
>> > these are called tie-bars.
>>
>> Why not 'wheel braces'?
>>
>> Steve

Quite. C D

> I thought that tie-bars are threaded metal bars used to strengthen
> wooden frames by being added vertically from the top of the frame,
> through the foundation beams and then bolted tight. Am I even more
> confused than usual?

These are tie RODS not bars. C D

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 12:25:42 -0000
From: "Dennis Powney" <dennis.powney at l...>
Subject: Bromham book

For Neil Skelton. Thanks for your cheque, please send me your current
postal address; that I may send the book.
dennis.powney at l...

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 3