Tuning Bells

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at h...
Wed Oct 1 19:46:52 BST 2003

I have a question regarding Groton School bells near Boston U.S.A.
My photograph of 6th gives a gross weight of 8 3 27, net weight 8
2 14 and a measurement figure of 2ft 11in x 2ft 11in x 3ft 6 in.
The tenor is marked Gross 22 0 5, net 21 1 21, Meas. 3ft 11 in x
3 ft. 11 in x 4ft. 8 in.
Dove gives the tenor weight as 18 0 20 in F

Any ideas?---

In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, mike at m... wrote:
> Alan Buswell has kindly sent me details of my beloved Roker bells.
I note that the tenor was cast at 25-1-24 and tuned to 22-2-26. Is
this about the "normal" amount that would be expected to be removed
from a bell during the initial tuning process?