[Bell Historians] Hanley, Staffs and Hatfield, Yorkshire

A Willis zen16073 at z...
Sun Oct 19 22:01:56 BST 2003

there any plans to move the bells to another church?

I am sure many list members are aware of the sad state
of affairs at Hatfield, Yorkshire. For those who are
not, a magnificent 1927 Taylor eight hang at the top
of a tall tower, but cannot even be swung as the
ringing room is almost totally filled by a heating
system. The bells are chimed by an Ellacombe apparatus
and sounded wonderful when myself and Mr Aspland
visited a few years ago.

Michael

What sort of heating system is it? We have a hot-air system, which has been
condemned as not-good-for-the-church, and will have to go at some time in
the future. So maybe there's hope yet.

A. Willis