[Bell Historians] Puriton

Nick Bowden nickwbowden at f...
Wed Apr 14 23:52:58 BST 2004

My recollection is that they are very approximately the front six of eight,
but with a flat tenor, making the back 3 major. Thus, from the tenor they
are; tone, tone, tone, tone, semitone or, if you prefer; F, G, A, B, C#, D.
It's another Somerset six like Cothelstone that really require a proper
analysis by Bill Hibbert or Dave Kelly.
Nick

> I rang at Puriton today as part of the B & W AGM. They are not noted in
> Dove as being anything other than a diatonic 6 - but they sounded to me as
being anything other than a diatonic 6! The 2nd and, I think, perhaps also
the 4th(?) did not quite seem to fit in correctly. Does anyone have the
figures?