[Bell Historians] Derwent Woodlands

David Cawley dcawley at w...
Fri Feb 27 15:11:49 GMT 2004

DLC=20=20
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Mike Chester=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2004 12:30 AM
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Derwent Woodlands

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Cawley" <dcawley at w...>=20
wrote:
>Derwent tower, like Bamford, had a very small internal area; and=20
whilst I'm sure the light six which replaced the steel bells at the=20
latter are very nice, it would have been so much better if after the=20
war the Derwent bells could have gone there - especially as the=20
former occupants of Derwent churchyard were reinterred at Bamford.
>=20

Having rung at Bamford I can say that they are a very nice 6 and an=20
cannot see how the Derwent bells could be successfully hung, with 2=20
trebles of course, at Bamford. When was the last 3 tier frame=20
constructed??????!

Mike

=20=20=20=20=20=20
c.. Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service=
.=20