[Bell Historians] Re: Brockhampton Church

Nick Bowden nickwbowden at f...
Thu Jul 29 20:54:05 BST 2004

From: "Susan & Christopher Dalton" <dalton.family at v...>
> >From: "Nick Bowden" <nickwbowden at f...>
> >
> > Thanks Andy. The ring of 3 is definitely at Brockhampton by Bromyard
>
> [Correct. C D]
>
> > and the grid ref was changed in Dove quite recently to reflect that
> > fact. John Baldwin will have the correspondence. I emailed him with
> > my concerns that the information given to him (in good faith) that
> > the bells had gone was incorrect and he is investigating this with the
> > Hereford DAC. However, some bells had been sold according to the
> > originator of this thread so perhaps the DAC can shed some light on
> > that.
>
> [Really? Not aware of any bells being sold.
>
> C D (Chairman of said DAC)]

Sorry, was typing the above from memory during lunchbreak. Meant to say John
Baldwin was contacting the Hereford DG Secretary.

Original message from Howard Smith was:
"Having seen an advert for the sale of Brockhampton Church I alerted Keltek.
DK has found out that the bells were removed some time ago but can find out
nothinh further. Does any bell historian have details of bells and where
they ended up. - Howard E. J. Smith"

Any offers?
Nick