CCCBR/EH Meeting

Mike Chester mike at m...
Tue Jun 1 09:47:05 BST 2004

> The most depressing thing of all was to find the CCCBR agreeing
that
> bell founders/hangers should recommend to their clients that
English
> Heritage be involved at the earliest opportunity. Why?

Simply because they are going to involve themselves anyway, whether
we like it or not! Trying, at least at first, to be seen to be
working with them is likely to be better than having them informed of
a project in latter stages and then ending up having to possibly
fight against them. It is the lesser of 2 evils, perhaps?

Mike