Thaxted etc

Richard Offen richard.offen at o...
Tue Jun 15 04:47:40 BST 2004

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Cawley" <dcawley at w...>
wrote:
> Don't know about Michael Howard coming from Thaxted, but maybe if
he did it accounts for the care with which these beautiful bells were
produced. Mrs Howard senior certainly drew the cartoons from which
the engraver produced the stamps for the General Dance bell.

I'm pretty sure that I remember Wally Spragett telling me Michael
came from Thaxted and that is why the bells had so much care lavished
upon them ...oh how I wish I'd recorded some of my numerous long
conversations with Wally about his days at Gilletts and bells in
general!