[Bell Historians] proto-National Bell Register work

Mark Humphreys mark.humphreys at ...
Thu Sep 29 16:56:29 BST 2005

> I'm not convinced you could enforce any copyright on the
> information in Dove
> - the same information appears in many county bell books,
> along with additional information.

I would have thought that, alongside many areas of copyright, the issue is
the presentation of the data. You can, of course, independently produce a
list of towers and bells from primary sources, and present it in a different
way to Dove, and there would be no problem.

If, however, you followed their exact formatting, you would be infringing
copyright (if such copyright were claimed).

Mark