[Bell Historians] CCC Bells & Clocks Committee

Mark markregan at FLeEOPgzkUa8TYxRgw73zsVtIMeG9rAz_VkTQNLCzK96Vz5RrP8wVK0eHdBCAoh7IDOlkNYGY_5WEZPwxvf0qQ.yahoo.invalid
Wed Aug 30 19:59:39 BST 2006

I don't agree with that.

Any members of an organisation should be able to say how they were
appointed. And want to. If they don't then I do think they are hiding
something. Perhaps that their position was not gained on merit or
competence. I've seen too much of this sort of thing in the workplace and in
ringing too.

I had a  really good meeting with the CCC after the fiasco of the last big
bell seminar. I think the CCC didn't know that there are many other
competent people out there who don't get a look in for these positions. If
the CCC doesn't know then you can't blame them for appointing incompetents.
Same with DACs. I think we suffer from able people not having time to do
these jobs and a lack of management and performance reviews. It's simple to
solve. Though many incumbents would panic at their performance being
assessed. If they were good then they wouldn't. Perhaps we should lobby
better. Problem is who are "we"?

Mark

Arcubus
31Park Street