Post-War rings

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at 8z78j2jjzVRGpBLbDAiJcsMqJzmycf58WuM-dFluGw4XZrPQ8x6dMDfnfiS_Hflttrh-uYgoFL_lgp9EBjiR.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jul 20 22:45:23 BST 2006

I believe that a similar claim was made in contemporary RW concerning
St. Mary Southampton, but it might have related to the first war
replacement ring as opposed to the first ring.

> Returning to Mike's original suggestion, I can add that Salford
Priors were claimed at the time (RW 8 Feb 1946) as "the first complete
restoration of a peal since the war". The G&J records how that the
bells were cast/tuned between 19 Nov and 15 Dec 1945. The dedication
took place on 18 Jan 1946