Bell founding in the Diocese of Lincoln 1634-1664

John Ketteringham john.ketteringham27 at BvZRJGgxhtL21s5lK7tKp0Zxu71QIy0-n9O_f84JclnfHNqrwarC3O4Q_zcoBmdV8MCCICOZY5VymfIKt8sUwiP2OQNNUA.yahoo.invalid
Thu Mar 9 10:15:13 GMT 2006

For what its worth - when I was researching for my MPhil I produced details of bells cast during the above period in the Diocese of Lincoln mainly from the published books on bells and inventories which had survived.     I reproduced this information in the introduction to the second edition of my book Lincoln Cathedral - A History of the Bells, Bellringers and Bellringing published by Lincoln Minster Shops Ltd.   For those who can't afford the £8.50 (I think -although it could be sold out) I could send serious researchers a scanned copy.

Of course you need to remember that the Diocese of Lincoln included Lincs; Hunts; Leics; Beds and Bucks at that time.   I did not include the part of Herts which was in the Diocese in my research.