Trafalgar Square

nigelsdtaylor nigeltaylor at lUHT-iu3YV5NemIM2oiSmG9N0B_KxuSf8o_wPMHQdSyjEPm9aPdYWs9PO868ZU8XTv2BGkzP3EfnMKi2BpCm3rCj2_58evzA49v5jw.yahoo.invalid
Sat May 27 20:05:27 BST 2006

David Crawley wrote:It's only one step away from the old Bullring
bells to St
Martin-in-the-Fields. Disposed of as beyond tuning and replaced by a
very
ordinary ring (who would believe that the grand neighbouring rings at
the
Abbey and St Clement Danes are from the same pot?). And like the old
Bullring bells they were most successfully tuned and have gone to a
home
where they are appreciated - and again with a different acoustic!

DLC
I do not agree:my impression of Westminster abbey bells is that they
are sweet, but bland. Trafalgar Square have a lot more "bass".
On another subject, I like the picture of the Rev. David, taken at the
try out at St. Dunstan-in-the-east in 1953.
Nigel Taylor