Radio equipment in towers

Bickerton, Roderic K (SELEX) (UK) roderic.bickerton at 52BJw3DKYLvady_y1UpXMc60-XIPZrEdoR0VUFFGTaE2Kq7YxgzxFs2wFmCaUc0M-yop8Pi0boP19kOo7KnLQvvVZL5xEg.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jan 15 12:44:20 GMT 2007

 I recently went into a tower containing radio equipment to take some
pictures of bells.
I went no where near the equipment.
The digital camera refused to work but suffered no lasting ill effect.
The mobile phone packed up and did not work again until I got as
replacement SIM card.
Has anyone had a similar experience?
I know this is somewhat off subject, but as "historians" regularly get
among bells, I thought it may have relevance, as field strong enough to
have such effects probably is none to good for me or any one else
getting to bell frame level.