Structural serveys

Bickerton, Roderic K (SELEX) (UK) roderic.bickerton at fETmRZaTjwabuz8lzSybB3Oy687CscuYeK0Juy_USHcjDHWKL5b6ngxnJAM6MMmOlmXUHIPJ2LHYtv8oqbMnQzIAclGdxJ0CpQ.yahoo.invalid
Wed Jun 6 11:52:47 BST 2007

 A very well known structural engineer was herd to remark that during
his long career he had only twice had to stop ringing for (tower)
structural reasons.
I wonder how many towers are or have been shut down because of tower
structure without consulting a structural engineer?

The problem is that survey is expensive.
I wonder how structural surveys could be funded, where one would be
needed before an armature recovery could be attempted, and the church is
to stressed to pay.
It is outside the remit of most restoration funds and trusts.

I do not like cross posting but I think this could elicit different and
valid response from both groups.

SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems Limited
Registered Office: Sigma House, Christopher Martin Road, Basildon, Essex SS14 3EL
A company registered in England & Wales.  Company no. 02426132