Regal Bells Marble Arch

Dickon Love dickon at 7fKgOSLrkvQB5yS7LQBd-nkEsQBKTw2uS97hP-wiyrg53Rzvg6d4bRT6jLBBHh9kg0ESj9k3m9mdTZU.yahoo.invalid
Thu Mar 8 10:26:38 GMT 2007

I have more news. The whole organ is up for sale including the bells,
with Len Rawle as the broker. His email wasn't clear as to whether it
has already been sold and he is not able to give any details at this
stage. However the whole instrument is currently in the process of being
carefully moved and safely preserved. He says that all the bells are
intact ('virtually as new' he says). The plan is for the instrument to
be fully rebuilt, bells and all, and to remain in the UK.

This is very exciting news in both the bell historian and theatre organ
worlds as this is one of the most significant theatre organs ever built.
The theatre organ world was just as astonished to hear recently of its
preservation as we were and are keen to help push this through.

I'll keep people informed if I hear more.

DrL