[Bell Historians] Re: A couple of questions

John Camp camp at RCMTIeelt1XQFKyozpXPx_zJU9KBU_W3AYZYJe_WtPdYbGX6TYlJPTYr7umJa-iVbNZGZ_aqtKqXSfOnk-Bc.yahoo.invalid
Sun Oct 21 16:15:43 BST 2007

At 15:48 on 21 October 2007, Mike Chester wrote:

> --- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Aspland"
> <aaspland at ...> wrote:

>> And at that time what would have been considered the age of majority
>> for a man?

> The age of Majority was 21 until 1/1/1970.  I believe that this was
> the case for quite some time prior to this date, (possibly from 1695
> when the voting age/minimum age to stand as an MP was fixed at 21+ or
> earlier?)

> John Camp might be the best arbiter of this!

Thanks for your confidence!  But what is meant by 'age of majority'?
Voting age?  Age for sexual consent?  Age for criminal responsibility?

John Camp