Newport RI (was: Vancouver)

Carl S Zimmerman csz_stl at r6SBQVEY4Knv7tiSaxGMWfRGD1sjrKC28awdnua4POXoUHOfuwFZXDJLcGIzwEx1--KTgAwEHXjoSN_z.yahoo.invalid
Tue Sep 4 19:01:48 BST 2007

Apologies in advance for using this list; but an offline reply to an
offline message from George Dawson was bounced with the error message
"Message content rejected".

George,

"2" is confirmed by this Webpage:
    http://www.emmanuelnewport.org/history.htm
(where "just over three tons" must be read as short tons of 2000 lb)
The home page of that Website has a nice picture of the tower.

But why does the Whitechapel foundry page with the same photo:
   http://www.whitechapelbellfoundry.co.uk/newsc.htm
say that it's the largest of THREE bells for Newport RI?

(Research elsewhere on the Web shows that the donor of the bell(s) was
the mother-in-law of the donor of the building.)

Carl