[Bell Historians] 16th and 17th century tuning

Anne Willis zen16073 at eK4PASH6hMS9HcuNva46Ds4kNFiZTz_THmmT1hzsZ5hzuOorYfOBzLFANbZZoKbdMU3d7G1NnFzlKdEvlw.yahoo.invalid
Mon Aug 11 14:39:36 BST 2008

In Chippenham churchwardens' accounts there is a reference to someone tuning
the bells.  I am not sure of the date; probably the late 1620's and I
'think' it was done by Mr Ferrabee, Vicar of Bishops Cannings.  (Sorry to be
vague; most of my books and files are currently in boxes under other boxes
and impossible to get at)

Bowles' 'History of Bremhill' has an interesting paragraph on tuning.  I
have seen it about the house recently and will try and find the passage.

Anne