Fw: Bell

David Bryant davidbryant at 6CI7NN56BH-o9aUs4ogPIUHnX1CoFte56D6AgTyrVUP47hCnrPF5-VgeL8aNm8MNmc34J81qglU-ttRWKnLRWvQ.yahoo.invalid
Sat Dec 19 09:34:36 GMT 2009

Anyone?

Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2009 12:50 AM
To: webmaster at Dgk_RayMyBqtSqYm_YdMFYr3QOWatIpQ7tMIPXOG0RO2WPy_R7RJ0rVGLkXBtm4_Uw5FTB7UtJUVVzS1xMBwrxzriAFDITUDTA.yahoo.invalid
Subject: Bell

Hello

You may be able to help me. I am trying to find someone who would know the foundry who made a bell that was found in Northland New Zealand.
For some reason it's claimed it was the Ships bell from the 'Boyd' destroyed in Whangaroa Harbour in 1809, however I feel it is a church bell.
Links to the two photos are:

http://www.underwaterheritage.co.nz/images/forms/insignia.jpg
http://www.underwaterheritage.co.nz/images/forms/insignia2.jpg

There is nothing else on the bell at all, hoping you may recognise the marking or be able to direct me to where a insignia database is.

Many Thanks
Mike Fraser

Underwater Heritage Grop Inc