[Bell Historians] The sound of bells in 1170

Hayden Charles hcharles at MEuaRd4As5SaDt5O-69ZdjGLspuU8yUCFFocoivkV8IYXRMyIADEEIWSTgBc6okExPJorgnqjr7q6UQCK1Fv.yahoo.invalid
Thu Nov 5 17:15:29 GMT 2009

David Bryant wrote on 05/11/2009 16:50:

> If they are filming a scene set in 1170 in a Victorian cathedral,
> authenticity of the bells is a minor issue...
>
> David

I don't think that 'production' in the original message implied film. It
is more likely to be a stage performance. At least the original enquirer
had the wit to realise that bells in 1170 might not be Lucy tuned.
Members of this list would be the first to wince if a play production
used the BBC recording of Big Ben every time a bell sound is required.

Hayden Charles