[Bell Historians] hemispherical bells for sale on ebay

Ted Steele ted.steele at vRPryG15JKYf8qmFroljjfokqPZQ3wJg-MViAG49vLJaSmX-OnnlKSw6Qyf3ClDwV9tktOSBgbbZYFWHR25D.yahoo.invalid
Wed Dec 7 23:37:42 GMT 2011

On 07/12/2011 23:18, Dickon Love wrote:

> "Anybody know anything about these?
> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mears-Stainbank-1873-5-Reclaimed-Church-Bells-Rare
> -/190608461624?pt=UK_Antiques_Other_RL&hash=item2c61264f38"
>
> A quick trawl through CJP's M25 work reveals 13 gongs by M&S 1873 going to
> High Beach (Holy Innocents), Essex. David Sloman reported them still there
> in 2001 though. I don't know whether that counts as South of England.

I had a ring on the High Beech bells some years ago, using the Ellacombe
like apparatus; I think that was in 1990. On just checking I see Dove
gave them as hemispherical, 4 cwt. The total weight given on ebay of 360
kg is around 7cwt, but apparently for just five bells. High Beech is
certainly South of England as far as I would understand the term.

Ted