[Bell Historians] RE: "For Whom the Bells Toll" (was Memorial Bells enquiry)

Philip Denton philip_denton at kattd5e4hgYynILs9dsDli85OCrvTPUtY5DONnUsOpxUrx-XKX69mWinw6W9l05UUB99A77erKOw2hxLqcwGbmgD.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jan 29 12:54:06 GMT 2011

I recommend the AbeBooks website - www.abebooks.co.uk. It is excellent for locating new and secondhand books, especially ones which are rare or obscure. Put in the search details, and any copies for sale by participating booksellers will be displayed. I have just looked for this title, and there are four copies for sale.

I recommend you use the author's full name in the search, otherwise you will have to search through thousands of entries for Ernest Hemingway's rather better known and similarly named book!

Philip

--- On Sat, 29/1/11, Richard Offen <richard.offen at ibzwMesT_WKblxGaZ-kooHlOqbIUakjA1rSDUmI-qtRhtTWJVOqbJwkx7nvOgeT7oE81L8artqwdBf20J1X33X8c6w.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

From: Richard Offen <richard.offen at ibzwMesT_WKblxGaZ-kooHlOqbIUakjA1rSDUmI-qtRhtTWJVOqbJwkx7nvOgeT7oE81L8artqwdBf20J1X33X8c6w.yahoo.invalid>
Subject: [Bell Historians] RE: "For Whom the Bells Toll" (was Memorial Bells enquiry)
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, 29 January, 2011, 6:59

How can one get hold of a copy of this elusive book?

When I was in Wellington in 2005, a member of staff at the War Memorial had one copy on display, but no stock and couldn’t tell me where I could purchase a copy.   Also, as far as I can see, the book doesn’t feature at all on the War Memorial web site.

Sadly, when we visited, Callum and I only caught the last five minutes of the lunch time recital because the Tourist Information Centre told us the wrong time …it seems you wonderful carillon is quite a well kept secret in Wellington !

Richard