Peals on Six Bells

Andrew Aspland aaspland at WIHNvjML-vTHB-XPRoMKcdzfT-GzCNzKFaBalE7Uk3HXF54u8LlnoLE1Ytsxx8Qu954swrk3XHmi7JPo0g.yahoo.invalid
Tue Nov 1 10:22:40 GMT 2011

Dear All
Whilst researching the peals of bells that were in existence when the Diocese of Ripon was created I also looked at when the first peals were rung at various towers.  I suppose I should not have been surprised to find all the earliest peals at eight bell towers.  When were peals of minor (5040 changes rather than 720 changes!) first rung?  And first recognised?
Andrew