[Bell Historians] Ingleton steel bells - was Moseley Steel Bells

Peter Rivet peter at 2CqyNhtA4bJl0Ch_JSFaO5fbSpuaaehKNnCuSFpk0VNys_mEEGA3PCrZrXm3EBTI8ksYuiEAvxHvgexv.yahoo.invalid
Sun Jan 8 22:22:32 GMT 2012

Perhaps a better example than Willington-and far closer to you (and I) are
the six at Ingleton.

I had a look at the bells at Ingleton a few years ago.  They are still in
the original Naylor Vickers frame and while the lower level probably isn't
too bad the treble is in a very rickety extra frame on top which in its
present form is unsound.  Even though Ingleton is in Yorkshire it's
effectively on the wet side of the Pennines - I think steel bells are best
left where there's less rainfall!

Peter Rivet