[Bell Historians] Diamond Jubelee bells on the BBC

Richard Offen richard.offen at j1sUGeqJGZZmkNENKeb3kKLpLWlw5gkXcd3JyJI2xBaUW9MDXt7MPUTMgN0jQ-7oGBk_sbUBbHyp1_9vFd84uF74iYc.yahoo.invalid
Mon May 28 02:23:57 BST 2012

On 28/05/2012, at 7:14 AM, Bryan McCahey <b.mccahey at S0WlokflpCAU-dEoFf6M6dg0X8rLWRKFfuyQzr7u2kz5rw_4Nowr2yFeryZII9sS9sa-xCkG-UvSIHO_LCM.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmrkis0TUhg for footage of the jubilee bells in action. Presumably all went well?
>
> Bryan McCahey
>
> _,_._,___

They rang a peal of Surprise Major on them, so I guess the answer is 'yes'.

I believe the only problem the band encountered was wind blowing the ropes around while the were ringing, but that is always a problem with outdoor portable rings.

Sent from Richard Offen's iPhone