Muffles

David Bryant davidbryant at ...
Tue Jul 23 12:21:02 BST 2013

"Jonathan Dickenson"         plainbobmajor

             I've seen cable ties used as well.  They have the benefit of being

able to keep the muffle attached to the clapper , just needing to

rotate the leather when the muffle is required.

In my experience anything which allows the muffle to be rotates like this is also likely to lead to it slipping round when in use - elastic strap muffles with tight straps plus lots of insulating tape is about the most reliable method. Takes a while to get it off again though, especially if you've forgotten to fold over the ends of the tape!