[Bell Historians] Warrington / Higher Walton, St John Evangelist

Dickon Love dickon at lovesguide.com
Mon Dec 19 21:53:53 GMT 2022

Is anyone able to help resolve an ambiguity we have in both Dove and the
CofE Church Heritage Records?

The CofE databases have two churches in Warrington:

Higher Walter, St John the Evangelist - currently still open and clearly
identified

Warrington, St John - listed as closed, but no other records.

I can't find any record of another (Anglican) church of St John here.

George Dawson's NBR had 2 bells listed at the Higher Walton church, one of
which is a ringable 22cwt bell and a small 15" Taylor bell, undated.
https://dove.cccbr.org.uk/detail.php?tower=20876

The NBR has a single bell listed at the Warrington church
https://dove.cccbr.org.uk/detail.php?tower=24453 by Taylors, 1936, 21.13".

Does anyone know whether it is possible that the two Taylor bells are the
same and the two churches the same?

Thanks.

Dickon

www.avg.com