[Bell Historians] Hastings stays

Peter Rivet peter at plrivet.plus.com
Wed Feb 23 15:24:12 GMT 2022

So far as I am aware the best source on the history of the Hastings Stay is
George Fletcher's paper produced by the Whiting Society:
<https://www.whitingsociety.org.uk/articles/stay-making/hastings-stay.html>
The Whiting Society of Ringers - Design for a Rectangular Hastings Stay .
There may of course be more information available on its inventor, perhaps
at Martley where he was the incumbent.

Peter Rivet