[Bell Historians] Old bell at Lanhydrock

c.j.pickford at talk21.com c.j.pickford at talk21.com
Tue May 3 09:43:39 BST 2022

>From Dalton's notes, I see that George Elphick had seen it and thought it
C16th. Also from Dalton, there is a rubbing by T.M.N. Owen in the Society of
Antiquaries collection "red vol.11" (I do know what that means and can check
it sometime)

Am down that way soon - may pop by and take a look, although I've seen it
before (without making any notes) and recall thinking of was late medieval.
However, it may be back in the tower now - The ancient chiming bell also
rehung after removal of cast-in crown staple (Ringing World 14 November 2008
p.1196)

Chris Pickford
Kinver (UK)
Tel: 07811-453525