[Bell Historians] brentwood cathedral bells

David Sloman dsloman261 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 14:36:09 GMT 2023

Larger bell inscribed  ' GABRIEL/  Go out to the whole world/ Proclaim the
good news/ Mark 16 V 15/ 19 (roundel) 89 /WHITECHAPEL'  45 inches 17-1-6 cwt

Smaller inscribed   'I AM THE VOICE OF ONE CRYING IN THE WILDERNESS /
G.MEARS AND CO. FOUNDERS LONDON 1861. 27 13/16th  4-0-20 cwt

Larger bell hung for slow swinging and hour bell, smaller hung dead.

David Sloman