[Bell Historians] Harare (Salisbury) cathedral zimbabwe

c.j.pickford at talk21.com c.j.pickford at talk21.com
Fri Feb 10 14:54:32 GMT 2023

The standard Whitechapel 10-bell layout is, indeed, missing from
"Bellframes" - although I have it among the layouts to be added in any
future (probably online) version of the scheme.

The reason is that layouts were quite a late (and rushed) addition to the
contents of the original publication (1993). The trawling for types and
examples wasn't particularly thorough and I hadn't encountered this
particular layout in my own belfry investigations (mainly in the Midlands).
The scheme is limited to recurrent types, but this one - clearly - should be
included.

Chris Pickford