[Bell Historians] st Stephen's hampstead

oliver Lee oliverbellringer at outlook.com
Tue Feb 14 11:01:47 GMT 2023

I was wondering if anyone might be able to provide some more information about the now lost 27cwt 10 what where here until 1982?, from what I can work out the bells where regularly rung during the early 1900s but it would seem that peal ringing virtually ended in 1905. Many sources I have come across suggest that this might’ve been something to do with the royal free hospital but there are some vague references to there being a local band here in the 1950s so I wonder what exactly happened, There is also some suggestion that ringing was apparently “discouraged” due to subsidence but it would interesting to know if any quarter peals where rung on them prior to their removal.
Many thanks
Oliver lee