[Bell Historians] bush end essex

oliver Lee oliverbellringer at outlook.com
Sat May 6 17:38:20 BST 2023

Yesterday as part of my local “ring for the king” campaign I had the interesting experience of ringing on the 2cwt  mears three at bush end, initially I had planned to go up and have a brief look at them after ringing to ascertain weather they had ever been fitted with stays or indeed other ringing fittings, but unfortunately time was against me and  due to how deafening they where in the ringing chamber I wasn’t especially keen on staying any longer!. I did however come to the conclusion that they might’ve been installed as a chime, the ropes themselves looked as if they where ex chiming ones and the disused ellacombe is probably contemporary with their installation, I was wondering if anyone might some more information about them
Many thanks
Oliver lee.