[Bell Historians] west Overton wiltshire

oliver Lee oliverbellringer at outlook.com
Sun Nov 26 23:38:24 GMT 2023

Just out of mere curiosity would anyone happen to know anything about the ringability of the 11cwt six here?, according to many accounts they where made ringable in 1959 by  Geoffrey dodd but I get the impression that they are now unringable ( according to the SDGR website) due to frame problems. I’m also curious to know if any frame plans or reports exist as one  particular letter to the ringing world describes them as having a “medieval “ frame,  this seems particularly  odd bearing in mind that the tower seems to have been rebuilt in the 1880s.
Many thanks
Oliver lee