<div dir="ltr">Hi Oliver, <div><br></div><div>Brentwood Cathedral bells.<br><div><br></div><div>The hour bell is 1989 Whitechapel, 45 inches, 17-1-6 cwt in F, 698 Hz</div><div>and the Angelus 1861 George Mears, 27.8125 inches, 4-0-20 cwt in Eb, 1245 Hz</div></div><div><br></div><div>They are both still there.</div><div><br></div><div>Regards,</div><div><br></div><div>David Sloman</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Sun, Oct 4, 2026 at 11:50 AM Ken Webb via Bell-historians <<a href="mailto:bell-historians@lists.ringingworld.co.uk">bell-historians@lists.ringingworld.co.uk</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><u></u>

  
    
  
  <div>
    <div>On 04/10/2026 11:40, oliver Lee via
      Bell-historians wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite">
      
      
      <div style="direction:ltr;font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
        Yesterday visiting Brentwood cathedral -  Hearing what I presume
        is their service bell, As this isn't listed on Dove's I was
        wondering if anyone might know anything about it certainly
        sounds harmonically tuned and my guess is that it probably dates
        from when the cathedral was rebuilt by Quinlan Terry in the
        early 1990s. Curiously the St Agatha's guild website also
        suggests there is a 2<sup>nd</sup> bell too but as I didn't hear
        this I'm wondering if it is even still there</div>
      <div style="direction:ltr;font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
        Regards </div>
      <div style="direction:ltr;font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:12pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
        Oliver lee</div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    <pre style="white-space:pre-wrap">This refers to 2 bells - one from 1861:</pre>
    <p><a href="https://www.brentwoodhistory.co.uk/building/brentwood-cathedral" target="_blank">https://www.brentwoodhistory.co.uk/building/brentwood-cathedral</a></p>
    <p>K</p>
  </div>

_______________________________________________<br>
Bell-historians mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:Bell-historians@lists.ringingworld.co.uk" target="_blank">Bell-historians@lists.ringingworld.co.uk</a><br>
<a href="https://lists.ringingworld.co.uk/listinfo/bell-historians" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.ringingworld.co.uk/listinfo/bell-historians</a><br>
</blockquote></div>