[r-t] All the work minor

Don Morrison dfmorrison at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 01:44:01 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 00:04:47 -0000, Mark Davies <mark at snowtiger.net> wrote:
> Do we hold in higher
> regard the structure and classification afforded by disavowing one-lead
> methods, or do we prefer to preserve the symmetry of the forces, and treat
> them as methods like any other?

I'm not sure that *does* preserve a particularly worthwhile symmetry.
Having one lead methods seems "more different" to me than in some
cases not being able to have two different kinds of lead end change.
Of course, that may just be because I've become so used to the latter,
but I don't think so.

Note, too, that it would probably be rare to ring a plain lead of any
method with a one lead course. The only way you could, I think, would
be to include it in a multi-extent block. Far more common, I think,
would be ringing lots of bobbed leads of it. In which case, why not
view the B-block as the basic method, albeit a differential hunter
thingie or whatever its classification du jour is?

--
Don Morrison <dfm at mv.com>