[BB-API] Performance Ids and Versioning

Graham John graham at changeringing.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 22:56:07 GMT 2019

I had thought that the latest amendment of a performance was always given
the id of the earliest recorded version, such that the id of the current
version of any performance doesn't change. However this doesn't seem to be
the case - so I now assume that when you request a performance using the id
of an earlier version, BB actually returns the latest version although that
has a later id. This is fine in terms of links provided out of Complib, but
there are instances where the first performance of a method has one bbid
recorded against it and the composition for same performance has another
which means they don't tie up. What is the easiest way of relating
performance version ids? Can I request the earliest id used for a
performance and always store that one?

Graham