[Bell Historians] Skibbereen

Mrthigby at a... Mrthigby at a...
Fri Apr 12 22:07:13 BST 2002

In a message dated 12/04/02 09:54:15 GMT Daylight Time, DrLove at s...
writes:

> Hung for ringing?

Oh yes!

Who is casting them?

I'll give you one guess after the saga in a very local tower!

What with Grey Abbey 2 months ago,

> light sixes seem all the vogue! (I rang there at the dedication on the FODS
> tour in Feb - a pretty and handy little six.)

I promise that these will be even better! The tower at Skibbereen is only 8'
9" square and the doorway to the tower only 22" wide - a 3cwt 6 will only
just fit on one level.

Watch this space.......

P.S. Tried out Lyminge last night - another fantastic tune up - we're really
pleased - Soton, St Barnabas next week!