Gillett's tierces

oakcroft13 bill at h...
Tue Apr 16 11:21:32 BST 2002

Re Ottawa - well I never! My information on Gillett's tierce tuning
came from a usually most reliable source, but did relate to change-
ringing bells. More work indicated.

I loved Gideon's use of the word 'temperature'. When he's not talking
about degrees centigrade, I assume he means 'temperament'. I'm not
sure I don't prefer his usage though.

For example: many Gillett and Johnson true-harmonic rings sound very
hot due to the high-intensity high-frequency partials. Recent WBF
peals sound cool for the opposite reason. :-)

Bill H