[Bell Historians] Bell Recordings

D Cawley dave at d...
Sat Apr 27 01:05:05 BST 2002

charset="iso-8859-1"

Adding a line to that, it's worth noting that despite Big Ben going to Mear=
s, the 3rd quarter recasting was done by Warner - what date he put on the b=
ell as Chris says ought to be checked.

DLC
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Chris Pickford=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: 23 April 2002 09:28
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Bell Recordings

Just to add a note that Chris Dalton recently found some material in the =
John Harris collection (at Devizes Museum) to indicate that the 3rd quarter=
bell was recast in 1858. The present bell is 33 2 22.

I wish I'd taken rather more notice of the dates when I went up to see th=
e bells a few years back!

CP
----- Original Message -----=20