[Bell Historians] Lost Wax Taylor bells

john ketteringham john.ketteringham at n...
Mon Aug 19 11:09:32 BST 2002

charset="us-ascii"

Thank goodness someone has said what I have been thinking. I am Bells
Adviser to the Lincoln Diocesan Furnishings Officer and I was beginning to
wonder if my policy of preserving all bells and finding new homes for them
was wrong. I wonder what some of the contributors to this list would have
done with a ring of three with medieval treble and tenor and Warner second
which had been in the tower of a redundant church for 30 years and I managed
to persuade the authorities at St Hugh's RC church in the centre of Lincoln
to have them as an electronically operated chime. They are now heard
regularly every day. I always have it in mind that parishioners have paid
for these bells and they should be preserved and reused if at all possible.

To me they sound great! But I hate to think what David and his colleagues
would think of them!

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.ketteringham/