19th century bells

mikechester_uk mike at m...
Wed Aug 21 18:43:10 BST 2002

I think that those that rang at SJD Leicester claim that the bells
sounded much better in there than at Peterborough and that this might
the tower that has been alluded to.

On a different topic, I rang at Mobberley, Cheshire on Saturday. This
is the first truely split level ringing room I've rung in!

You enter behind the treble rope and 1, 2 & 3 are in the top half of
the room, a staircase of a 2 steps with a handrail, takes you a
couple of feet down to the back three bells' ropes. Is this unique,
or is there another gap in my education to fill?!

Mike