[Bell Historians] Harrisons again

David Bryant djb122 at y...
Sun Aug 25 16:50:08 BST 2002

> ian johnson wrote:

> Lastly the Harrisons did not cast all their bells to the squat profile
> advocated by James 3 The bells here at Masham are of conventional
> profile similar to a Lester & Pack and do NOT sound “Awfull” remember
> listen to the bells not people you meet in pubs. They are a fine
> mellow old style ring. So David if you want to be taken seriously as a
> bell historian remember facts are more important than hearsay and
> fiction.

True, fact is more important than fiction but I have heard that opinion
stated by several independent sources which I consider reliable. Of
course, different people have different opinions but you're the first
person I've come across who has anything to say in favour of the tonal
qualities of Masham bells. I must hear them myself sometime to form my
own opinion.

I think I am taken seriosuly as a bell historian, from the comments I've
had on my websites and articles, and frankly I find your tone rather
patronising.