[Bell Historians] Harrisons again

David Bryant djb122 at y...
Sun Aug 25 17:38:56 BST 2002

JRK wrote:

> Thanks George. I very nearly sent the same message!

> Although I don't always agree with David he is doing a good job and doesn't deserve to be patronised. I
> suggest that Ian reads the very detailed history of the Harrison's in Lincolnshire Bells and Bellfounders
> (Edited and Compiled by JRK)

Thanks John. I think I've read it but someone's borrowed the tower copy
of the book at the moment, so I can't reread it at present. Anyway, I've
been busy trying to sort out a problem with our chime. Anyone know how
much sideways play is permissible in a carillon-type clapper? I suspect
that ours have too much - far too much in one case, and need rebushing.
Difficult to see enough with the ringing bells set up immediately
beneath!