[Bell Historians] Any any any old iron

D Cawley dave at d...
Sat Aug 31 19:22:14 BST 2002

charset="iso-8859-1"

Quite correct: and a large number of Naylor Vickers & Vickers, Sons & Co be=
lls have CAST STEEL inscribed on them.

See also my Ringing World article, Christmas/New Year 200/2001 "Colonel Tom=
and his Cast Steel Bells" for a description of the casting process DLC
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Carl S Zimmerman=20
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com=20
Sent: 31 August 2002 00:15
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Any any any old iron

At 23:54 +0100 on 2002/08/30, David Bryant wrote:

>My understanding is that Riepe's patent was with regard to casting steel
>using a crucible, although I can't immediately find a reference - it isn=
't
>in the list of patents in Jennings' 'The Development of British Bell
>Fittings'. Can anyone confirm exactly what the details of the patent wer=
e?

>David

Confirming David's statement, see this page about Ewald Riepe:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~ariepe/ewald.htm

--=20
=3DCarl Scott Zimmerman=3D
Voicemail: +1-314-361-5194 (home) mailto:csz_stl at s...

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20=20
=20=20=20=20=20=20=20

This message was sent to you via the Bell Historians' Mailing List. To un=
subscribe from the list send an email to bellhistorians-unsubscribe at yahoogr=
oups.com

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.=20